Thursday, March 13, 2008

Beautiful times


Thanks to our loyal blog readers who actually still check this. Sorry for the lack of postings. There's no particular reason that I stopped posting. We've gone on a few trips and had visitors since the last time I updated this. In the future we may direct you to another website that I've slowly been working on with our Apple computer. Jose and I are busy working and enjoying the wonderful life in San Diego. Jose's schedule is fuller than mine - he tutors math/science to a couple kids a few hours a week, helps a company with book keeping, takes two classes at Westminster Seminary on Thursday and Friday, plus continues to be a full time communications Officer in the Marines. The latest news on future plans is that he'll be getting out of the active duty Marines in December 2008 and going to school full time. We're excited for where God is leading us. I'm still working as a cardiac nurse. Tomorrow I meet with my Manager to follow-up with how I've been doing with time management (something I've been working on for months). He had mentioned last meeting (over a month ago) that if I continue to stay overtime then he'll have to take "disciplinary action", which could ultimately mean firing me. God has been teaching me to trust in Him and realize my security doesn't come from having a job. By God's grace I have seen a lot of improvement in time management and for the most part have been leaving on time. We'll just have to hear what my manager thinks. After the last meeting with my manager I was preparing myself to get a new job either by transferring units or switching hospitals. I applied to Children's Hospital a few weeks ago and never heard back - the recruiter wouldn't give me the manager's contact info. I would like to stay with my current job if possible for a while longer, but I know God has the best plan whatever it is.


Anyways, the weather here has been beautiful. Aah, springtime has come. I love looking up at the clear blue sky, and seeing colorful wild flowers all over the place. Even though it never got that cold here, there's been a shift in the season. Jose took me to Coronado on Friday - we both had off work. It was one of the best dates ever. We took a blanket on the beach and read for a little while, enjoying the warm sun and crashing waves. Then we went to get some mint Oreo ice cream to share. After enjoying that we walked around to find a coffee shop. We found a local cafe and had some of the best chai tea. There were several pictures that I accidentally deleted off my camera of our date...so I only have pictures from the time the sun started going down.

Then we went off to Old Town to meet up a friend in town for dinner. What a relaxing, refreshing day!

Saturday we enjoyed a hike at Torrey Pines. It's so pretty there that you don't even know you're getting exercise. The Lord has blessed us so much to be able to live here. We're excited for our friends, the Mstowski family, that they get to have a taste of where we live next week.

No comments:

Search Our Blog