Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Cute Kid








Last week Jose and I had the privilege to play mommy and daddy for Joshua Fowler as Keith and Kristin went on a get away to New York. We had lots of fun caring for Josh. I took tons of pictures (which didn't get deleted -yeah). He's just so cute! People say that babysitting kids is good birth control...that's usually not the case for me though. I love kids and babysitting just proves it more :) Kids always have their moments of disobedience, grumpiness, crankiness and various moods as they grow. But adults aren't any better - we've just learned to express it differently. Jose and I stayed at the Fowler's home (Wednesday night to Friday night), which is a few minutes walking distance from our home. Praise God Josh stayed on his usual schedule. Kristin did a very thorough job of writing down everything we'd need to know about his schedule, where things are, what we do when and if he wakes up in the middle of the night, etc. I did get to experience Josh waking up in the middle of the night, it seemed like he was teething. I gave him a bottle and a teething tablet, and rocked him back to sleep - this took about 2 hours. Joshua is a happy ten month old most of the time. It took him longer to get used to Jose, so we have some pictures of him crying while Jose's holding him. He definitely had a period of clinging to me. We had a blast taking him to the zoo. I also got to take him over to a friend's house while we had lunch together. Since I've been in San Diego I really haven't babysat much, so I really enjoyed having Josh for a few days. I miss watching the Mstowski's (although now they're older now and don't need a babysitter) and other kids in MD! Jose and I look forward to when we have a little one of our own :)

No comments:

Search Our Blog