Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Baby Shower

This past Saturday we were able to host a baby shower for our dear friend Kristin Fowler who is going to have a baby boy soon! Kristin has been a real blessing in my life as I've moved away from my life long friends! Keith and Kristin live less than 5 miles away and we're able to get together with them quite a bit. They've showed us hospitality many times - I stayed there while Jose and I were engaged and Jose had several dinners there before we were married, and now we both come over for fun times. I'm excited for baby Joshua's arrival :) Tonight I'll be going with Kristin to a birthing class - her husband is busy and she asked me to come. You can see some pictures of us girls (and baby Jack and Joshua) having a fun time at the shower.
This past week I've been taking a review class for the NCLEX and studying at Barnes and Noble. Jose is helping me to stick to my study plan. Friday I applied online for Children's Hospital, so please pray that they would call me back for an interview.
Next week Jose and I will be in Dallas getting some training for him to be the Family Readiness Officer (FRO) and me to be the Key Volunteer(KVO) for his unit, which means we'll be a point of contact for families if there is a deployment. I'll let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, glad to hear. I'm excited about our camping trip!

stevenjared0853 said...

Happy to know about your baby shower party and hope you had enjoyed this party. I am planning a baby shower party for my niece and looking for exemplary NYC venues. Hope to find perfect venue and wish to have grand party.

Search Our Blog