Friday, April 27, 2007

Wonderful Visitors



It was such a blessing to have both my mom and Grandma come visit us here in sunny San Diego during Easter time! I will cherish the memories we made together. Easter Sunday we went to church and then enjoyed a lovely lunch at the Chart House (as you can tell from previous blogs it's one of our favorite places to eat, the restaurant is right by the ocean, has great service and food). While they were here we saw many beautiful flowers and enjoyed the fresh air while taking several little visits to places including the Carlsbad flower fields, dinner cruise on the San Diego harbor, Welk resort, Wild Animal Park, and Del Mar beach. I thought I was on vacation! While Jose and I worked Mom and Grandma enjoyed sitting out in the sun by our apartment's pool area. My mom cooked a couple of times for me and had dinner ready after a long day at work. I loved having them around on my days off of work, especially while Jose was working one weekend. The day they left I was already missing their company. Thanks mom for taking your spring break to come visit and bringing Grandma along too!
Below are pictures of us at the flower fields in Carlsbad, we took a tractor ride throughout the fields, for more imformation check out the website http://visit.theflowerfields.com/.

Here also are pictures of our trip to the Welk Resort and Wild Animal Park. My Grandma is a listener to the Lawrence Welk show and had heard of the resort, so this was a highlight of the trip for her. We ate lunch at the restaurant there before heading to the Wild Animal Park.




More pictures of our adventures will be up on the side for your viewing soon. There are more details I could add, as you know I can make these blogs lengthy. I hope it won't be long until I'm able to spend more time with my family...I do miss them since I'm on the other side of the country. I thank God for the time we had together.



2 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I took my mom to the Carlsbad flower fields while she was here in March and we loved it - so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey friend,

Can you email me your mailing address?

thanks!

Search Our Blog