Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Saturday Fun













We enjoyed a beautiful Saturday with Jose's dad and grandparents going out to breakfast and to the Wild Animal Park. Our fun time included going on a ride around the park that lasted about 20 minutes, seeing the elephant show (our second time), going to the enclosed butterfly garden and mostly just spending time with the family. It was neat to see Jose's grandparent's reaction to seeing some of the animals that they haven't seen before up close. If anyone wants to come with us to the Wild Animal Park let us know.
Afterwards we went to Keith and Kristin Fowler's to hang out and watch the final four basketball games. Well, neither of the teams we wanted to win made it. I helped Jose fill out his bracket - and my guessing skills failed. Keith just had knee surgery for a torn ACL, so he's in pain and will be hanging out at home for some time. I'm thankful for the time to spend with friends, especially since work has somewhat removed me from some activities.
Today I took a telemetry test to become certified, which is needed for my job position. I didn't do as well as I wanted, however the teacher told me I didn't fail. I read the EKG strips correctly, but hadn't fully memorized the emergency protocols. So I will be writing down from memory the protocols and giving them to her, which is better than taking the test a second time. God is good and is helping me learn. I'm a slow learner so I have to remember to be patient with myself.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Search Our Blog